STEM RS9000 Heater / Shaker Reaction Heating Block Stations
from Bibby Scientific
This product line is no longer available through us.
The RS 9000 Heater/Shaker Reaction Station can be used within a robotic workstation or as a stand-alone apparatus in the lab.
- On a robotic platform, heating and shaking cycles can be controlled by external software or as part of a fully automated system through the RS232/ RS485/ GSIOC ports; for standalone use, there is the additional option of controlling heating and shaking cycles via the user friendly touchscreen.
- The CTC panel (Capacitance Touch Control) of the touchscreen enables the temperature and shaking speeds to be changed using up/down arrows and the actual values are clearly displayed on a high definition LCD display which has an anti-glare coating.
- The LCD display is cool blue to be visible in both bright and dim lighting conditions, without deleteriously affecting light-sensitive chemicals.
- The touchscreen has a laminated toughened glass panel that is chemically resistant to most acids and solvents.
- The RS9000 operates over a temperature range of ambient 5°C to 150°C.
- An optional temperature probe can be purchased and plugged into the din socket on the front panel.
X-Y Gyration system.
- The RS9000 can handle heavy workloads and give 24 hour continuous operation with uniform agitation of between 100- 600rpm.
- For stability, the RS9000 has a solid bronze chassis on which the X-Y gyration system is mounted, which is a robust two axis slide plate mechanism.
- Tapered roller bearings ensure smooth agitation cycles and give accurate control of agitation speed even at low revolutions.
- Advanced micro-controllers monitor temperature and agitation speed constantly and make the required adjustments as necessary which has been proven to provide many years of reliable service.
- The RS9000 has a range of different reaction blocks that can be inter-changed to give a choice of both reaction vessel capacities and formats that can be fitted into the same working footprint.
- If desired, the reaction blocks can also be customised to accept different vessels and tray sizes.
- The RS9000 has a unique “auto-park” feature which ensures the platform always stops in the same X-Y co-ordinate .
- This allows for automated sampling and additions.
- The RS9000 has a thermal cut-off that eliminates runaway conditions.
- The ‘Hot block’ warning via a highly visible warning display icon alerts you to when the block temperature is above 50°C, even when the apparatus is unplugged from the power supply.
- The RS9000 can be stopped rapidly in case of emergency by pressing down on the front sliding door; the front display will indicate “Door Open” and immediately stop.
- Heating and stirring can be reset after stopping by closing the door and pressing the function key zones on the front panel to reactivate.
Soft Start Ramping.
- Soft Start Ramping allows controlled build-up to the set speed (from 0 to 10 mins).
- This feature minimises splashing of vessel contents, wetting of flask closures and fragmentation of specimens.
- Very versatile as reaction blocks can be inter- changed to accommodate different vessels and tray formats .
- Can be used on a robotic platform or within a laboratory.
- Choice of touchscreen control or external control via RS232/ RS485/ GSIOC ports.
- Operates over a temperature range of ambient to 150°C.
- Agitation speed of 100-600 rpm.
- Optional temperature probe.
- 2-axis X-Y gyration system on solid bronze chassis that is both reliable and stable.
- Auto-park feature enables use on robotic platforms.
- Soft start ramping to minimise splashing.
- Very safe to operate.
- Provides many years of reliable use with continuous 24 hours heating and agitation.
- Electrical requirements 230V, 50-60Hz, 900W.
- Heating temp.range Ambient + 5°C to 150°C.
- Timer range 1 - 99 hours.
- Agitation speed 100 - 600 rpm .
- LCD display Backlit blue double line13 dot matrix.
- Glass touch panel 3mm clear with 2mm anti-reflective clear with a toughed grey laminate bonded sandwich.
- Touch key zones Capacitance sensor touch.
- Product weight.42kg (excluding a reaction block being in place).
- Max.load weight 7 kg max for each reaction block .
- Dimensions (w x d x h), mm 240 x 510 x 165.