Electrothermal EMA Heating / Stirring Electromantles
from Bibby Scientific
This product line is no longer available through us.
The EMA Electromantle shares all the standard features of the standard EM but has the added functionality of magnetic stirring.
- The solid state stirring circuitry is built into the base of the main housing and provides powerful stirring over a range of capacities and viscosities.
- The stir speed is easily adjusted and is bi-directional.
- The stir bar is seldom lost due to our “auto-recapture” function.
EM Electromantles: EM, EMA, EMV and EMX Series.
- The original “Electromantles” revolutionised round bottom flask heating by incorporating a coiled flexible heating element, which ingeniously wraps the heater around the flask to optimise heat transfer.
- For maximum safety, the flask is held away from direct contact with the heating element via a grounded earth screen.
- This design principle has stood the test of time and has been imitated the world over.
- With many years of experience, Electrothermal remains at the forefront of laboratory heating and its associated controlling technology.
- The EMA stirring Electromantle has the added functionality of solution stirring which widens the range of applications.
- Stirring operation is simply achieved by placing the correct size bar into the flask, turning the stir control to the minimum speed and ramping up slowly.
- If the magnetic coupling to the stir bar is lost for any reason, the speed control should be reduced slightly and the auto-recapture switch can be activiated.
- Accepts flasks from 50ml to 2 litre capacity.
- Bi-directional stirring speeds up to 520rpm.
- Stir bar “auto-recapture” function.
- ‘Cool-to-the-touch’ design.
- Element temperature 450ºC.
- Built-in energy regulator.
- Replaceable insulated heater cartridge.
- A chemically resistant polypropylene outer casing.
- A grounded earth screen and double fuses for added safety.
- Clamps for 1.3cm diameter supports (not including support rods).