Electrothermal EMA Heating / Stirring Electromantles
from Bibby Scientific
The EMA Electromantle shares all the standard features of the standard EM but has the added functionality of magnetic stirring.
- The solid state stirring circuitry is built into the base of the main housing and provides powerful stirring over a range of capacities and viscosities.
- The stir speed is easily adjusted and is bi-directional.
- The stir bar is seldom lost due to our “auto-recapture” function.
EM Electromantles: EM, EMA, EMV and EMX Series.
- The original “Electromantles” revolutionised round bottom flask heating by incorporating a coiled flexible heating element, which ingeniously wraps the heater around the flask to optimise heat transfer.
- For maximum safety, the flask is held away from direct contact with the heating element via a grounded earth screen.
- This design principle has stood the test of time and has been imitated the world over.
- With many years of experience, Electrothermal remains at the forefront of laboratory heating and its associated controlling technology.
- The EMA stirring Electromantle has the added functionality of solution stirring which widens the range of applications.
- Stirring operation is simply achieved by placing the correct size bar into the flask, turning the stir control to the minimum speed and ramping up slowly.
- If the magnetic coupling to the stir bar is lost for any reason, the speed control should be reduced slightly and the auto-recapture switch can be activiated.
- Accepts flasks from 50ml to 2 litre capacity.
- Bi-directional stirring speeds up to 520rpm.
- Stir bar “auto-recapture” function.
- ‘Cool-to-the-touch’ design.
- Element temperature 450ºC.
- Built-in energy regulator.
- Replaceable insulated heater cartridge.
- A chemically resistant polypropylene outer casing.
- A grounded earth screen and double fuses for added safety.
- Clamps for 1.3cm diameter supports (not including support rods).