Electrothermal Heating Rods
from Barnstead International
The Electric Bunsen combines the advantages of a regular gas burner with the clean easy operation of our Electromantles.
- Radiation from the heater is directed upwards to a focal point.
- The Electric Bunsen is ideal for heating test tubes, crucibles, small flasks and beakers, regardless of their shape.
- It is corrosion-resistant and has a cool-to-touch base.
- Conical shaped heating element directs radiant heat to the top cavity.
- Top cowl deflects heat away from your hand.
- Air circulation from the vented housing keeps the base cool enough to hold during operation.
- Burner consumes only 400W of power.
- Recommended controller is the MC5.
- The “Red Rod” is a true radiant heater. Infra-red radiation passes through quartz with very little absorption, so that a large proportion of heat is transferred to the liquid.
- The heating element is covered by a quartz sheath which is chemically resistant to most solutions with the exception of hydrofluoric acid, phosphoric acid and concentrated caustic alkalis.
- No installation is necessary, the heater simply rests against the side of the vessel.
- Heat the contents of multi-neck flasks allowing full visibility and minimizing the dangers of exothermic reaction due to the fast response of the heater to control equipment.
- Grounded protection is provided by a grounded probe for added safety.
- Requires external temperature control.