Electrothermal CMU Uncontrolled Mantles
from Bibby Scientific
This product line is no longer available through us.
CMU Uncontrolled Electromantles are used in wet chemistry to heat liquids in round bottom flasks.
- The metal case is designed to remain “cool-to-the-touch” when in operation.
- Electrothermal heating mantles have a grounded stainless steel earth screen covering the element and are double fused for added safety.
- The CMU Electromantles are CE and CSA approved for 115V models.
- The Electrothermal series of heating mantles has been specifically designed to provide a comprehensive answer to heating fluids in round bottom flasks in the modern laboratory.
- Valuable for fume hood or remote working.
- Must be used with a controller; the MC5 & MC242 Controllers are our recommended ones.
- Round bottom flask capacity of between 50ml - 5000ml.
- “Cool-to-the-touch” design.
- Element temperature up to 450°C.
- Indicator lamps for power and heater operation.
- Replaceable insulated heater cartridge.
- An easy to clean, powder coated aluminium outer casing.
- Non-skid feet and support rod clamps (not including support rod).
- Added safety features such as a grounded earth screen and double fuses.
- CSA approved for 115V models.
- Uncontrolled CMU Electromantles are designed for use with the MC5 Controller.
- This may be valuable when remote working is preferred, for example when experiments are being conducted in fume hoods.