Electrothermal CMU Uncontrolled Mantles
from Bibby Scientific
CMU Uncontrolled Electromantles are used in wet chemistry to heat liquids in round bottom flasks.
- The metal case is designed to remain “cool-to-the-touch” when in operation.
- Electrothermal heating mantles have a grounded stainless steel earth screen covering the element and are double fused for added safety.
- The CMU Electromantles are CE and CSA approved for 115V models.
- The Electrothermal series of heating mantles has been specifically designed to provide a comprehensive answer to heating fluids in round bottom flasks in the modern laboratory.
- Valuable for fume hood or remote working.
- Must be used with a controller; the MC5 & MC242 Controllers are our recommended ones.
- Round bottom flask capacity of between 50ml - 5000ml.
- “Cool-to-the-touch” design.
- Element temperature up to 450°C.
- Indicator lamps for power and heater operation.
- Replaceable insulated heater cartridge.
- An easy to clean, powder coated aluminium outer casing.
- Non-skid feet and support rod clamps (not including support rod).
- Added safety features such as a grounded earth screen and double fuses.
- CSA approved for 115V models.
- Uncontrolled CMU Electromantles are designed for use with the MC5 Controller.
- This may be valuable when remote working is preferred, for example when experiments are being conducted in fume hoods.