Thermolyne Mirak Digital Ceramic Top Stirring Hot Plates
from Barnstead International
- Recommended Substitute: Thermolyne* Super-Nuova* Digital Ceramic Top Stirring Hot Plate.
Measures Temperature on Plate or in Sample!
- Control solution temperature.
- Safely heat metal vessels.
- Stir viscous solutions.
- Solid state feedback control monitors and adapts to sudden changes in ambient or sample temperature, preventing boil-overs, ruined samples, and lost time.
- Use Mirak units to heat metal vessels and sandbaths without damaging ceramic tops.
- The motors in the Mirak stirring hot plates produce maximum stirring torque which, when combined with a powerful magnet, provide exceptional magnetic coupling with a stir bar-even with a solution that has a viscosity similar to cooking oil.
- All Mirak units use solid ceramic tops for the most durable, easy to clean, corrosion-resistant tops.
- Mirak’s solid ceramic top remains perfectly flat to ensure maximum heat transfer.
- Reflective white top makes sample viewing easy.
- Mirak can be used with optional probes to maintain tighter solution temperatures.
- Digital display for simultaneous observation of temperature and stirring speed.
- Separate power switch turns unit off/on without disturbing temperature and speed settings.
- Previous set points are stored in memory and will appear on the display when the unit is switched on again.
- Ring stand holder accommodates a standard 1/2" (1.27cm) diameter support rod to aid in securely positioning the temperature probe.
- 7" x 7" (18 x 18 cm) stirring hot plates accommodate up to 4 liters (with Erlenmeyer flask) in volume and top plate loads of up to 25 lb. (11.4 kg).
- 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm) stirring hot plates accommodate up to 6 liters in volume and top plate loads of up to 30 lb. (13.6 kg).
- 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm) four-place stirring hot plates accommodate four 1 liter flasks and top plate loads of up to 30 lb. (13.6 kg).
- Preparation of temperature sensitive media or solutions.
- Food analysis - digestions, % solids determination, titrations.
- Organic synthesis/research.
- Viscosity/solidification point testing.
- Because the advanced electronic control in the MIRAK is capable of precisely regulating the top plate temperature, metal vessels and sand baths may be safely heated without damaging the ceramic top.
- Dual digital displays allow you to observe your temperature and stirring speed simultaneously.
- A separate power switch turns the unit off or on without disturbing your temperature and speed settings.
- Temperature may be controlled at the top plate by an internal sensor, or controlled from your sample by simply plugging in the probe accessory.
- A clear plastic cover protects dial plate from spills and is removable for easy cleaning.
- Ring-stand holder accommodates a standard 1/2" (1.27 cm) diameter support rod.