Electrothermal HT Series Glass Fibre Tapes
from Bibby Scientific
HT & HC Series for surface heating.
- The HT and HC series of Heating Tapes and Cords are a range of flexible resistance heater elements for use in a wide range of commercial/industrial surface heating applications.
- Once the Heating Tape /Cord has been installed around the item to be kept at an elevated temperature, it is recommended that it is connected to one of Electrothermal’s MC controllers.
- HT7 and HT9 Glass Fibre Tapes are flexible heaters that are ideal for heating columns, pipes, valves and transfer lines, especially when these applications need to be observed.
- They can be applied to metal pipes as well as glassware.
- Both HT7 and HT9 Series Glass Fibre Tapes have an element wound on a glass fibre core and covered in braided glass fibre outer sheath; the HT9 series additionally has a braided earth (ground) wire beneath the outer sheath.
- They are available in different lengths to accommodate a broad range of temperatures with a maximum element temperature of up to 450°C.
- As with all the tapes and cords, the use of an energy or temperature controller is recommended.
- Key features of both the HT7 and HT9 series Glass Fibre Tapes.
- Operational temperature range up to 450ºC.
- Cord is spiralled around the tube being heated to give a surface loading power concentration up to 0.62W/cm² (4W/in 2 ).
- Linear loading: 164W/m (50W/ft).
- Available in different lengths from 2 feet (61cm) to 32 feet (976cm).
- Insulated unheated flexible lead at each end of 3.5in (9cm).
- Approximate width of 25mm.
- All models have dual voltage choice of 115V and 230V (except for the HT75524, HT75532, HT95524 and HT95532 models which are available as 230V only).
- For use in dry conditions only.
- Use of MC227 Single output controller, MC228 2-Way output controller or MC810B Digital controller is recommended.