Owl ADJ2 Adjustable Gel Vertical Electrophoresis Systems
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
The most versatile adjustable system available.
- Gel Size: (W x L) 20 x 20-70 cm.
- Footprint: (W x L) 10 x 11 cm.
- UBC Vol: 300 mL.
- LBC Vol: 500 mL.
- Total Running Buffer Volume: 800 mL.
- Our Owl ADJ2 Adjustable System is designed for increased resolving distance on a limited number of samples.
- The height of the upper buffer chamber (UBC) may be adjusted from 20 cm to 70 cm by sliding the UBC up or down the two support poles.
- Thumbscrews on the ring assembly secure the UBC in the desired position.
- Ring assemblies on the base of the apparatus secure the poles upright.
- The notched or offset glass plate of the gel sandwich presses against a silicone gasket in the UBC for a leakproof seal.
- Plates are clamped to the UBC with either binder clamps or heavy duty pony clamps.
- The unit can be entirely dismantled for easy cleaning and storage.
- This system is ideal for protein research where increased or varied separation length is critical.
Complete System Includes:
- Removable UBC with Safety Interlocking Lid and Attached Power Supply Leads.
- Removable LBC with Safety Interlocking Lid with Attached Power Supply Leads.
- Base with Attached Power Supply Lead.
- 2 Heavy Duty Poles.