Owl Electrophoresis System Accessories
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Quick, easy and flexible casting.
- Our Owl Casting Dams can be used in conjunction with several of Owl’s horizontal gel casting systems.
- Our Owl Casting Dam blocks off a portion of the UVT gel tray to allow shorter gels or gradient gels to be cast and run in one device -- eliminating the need for tape.
- This innovative design provides a fast and easy casting method with a durable and reliable electrophoresis system.
- It is manufactured using a high quality aluminum that seals the agarose upon contact.
- A knob and finger depressions provide easy maneuverability.
- Because our Owl Casting Dam is free standing, the chosen length is not restricted.
- DAM-13 can be used with our Owl A1.
- DAM-20 can be used with our Owl A2 and A5.
- DAM-23 can be used with our Owl A3-1, A6 and D3-14.
Gel Drying Kits.
- Size: (W x L) minigel 14 x 14 cm / large 24 x 24 cm.
- Save protein gels easily and economically.
- Convenient gel drying kits provide an inexpensive and simple way to produce a permanent record of gels by air drying them between two sheets of cellophane.
- The unique beveled edge design of the gel drying frame makes assembly easy.
- Available in mini gel and large format sizes, each kit comes with 2 sets of gel drying frames, 50 sheets of precut cellophane, 2 solid back plates and 8 side clips.
- Frames and cellophane are also available separately.
Gel Staining Boxes.
- Size: (L x W x H) 11 x 11 3 cm.
- Stackable trays which gels can be stained in are resistant to most organic dyes, silver and other stains.
- Made of clear plastic, gels can be viewed directly in the tray.
- Trays are available in a convenient size to hold the proper volume of staining reagents.
- Each tray has a grooved lid for proper orientation and stability when stacking.
- The gel staining boxes provide a convenient, conventional staining method. Stain, fix and de-stain in the same container.
- Each container will hold up to 125 mL of liquid and one gel when used on a shaking platform.
- High-quality blotting paper ideal for wicking and blotting applications.
- Provides sufficient thickness to absorb adequate amounts of buffer for semi-dry electroblotting without the loss of mechanical stability.
- Available in pre-cut mini gel and large format gel sizes.
- Compatiable with Owl electroblotting systems.
- Hydrophobic membranes that are ideal for Western blotting.
- Thermo Scientific offers Immobilon*-P, PVDF transfer membrane.
- This membrane provides the highest signal-to-noise ratio, which allows the use of mild blocking procedures.
- Immobilon-P has high protein retention; is compatible with all standard visualization methods; and can be used for protein sequencing.
- Immobilon is available in minigel and large-format gel sizes.
RF-3 Filing System.
- Ideal for organizing your refrigerator, coldroom, freezer or benchtop.
- Eight compartments constructed of durable 0.64cm thick acrylic.
- No skid rubber feet prevent sliding.
- Use either vertically or horizontally.
- Designed to hold standard glass and disposable pipets in square or round cans.