STEM Omni OS1025 Series Reaction Stations
from Bibby Scientific
This product line is no longer available through us.
The STEM Omni Reaction Stations enable you to conduct parallel synthesis for either 6 or 10 reactions simultaneously.
- They offer a modular design which enables you to build up your own parallel synthesis system in 5 steps, by ordering your choice of:
- The Omni Controller base unit remains the same for all Omni models, and one base unit can accommodate sample volumes from 2ml to 250ml.
- All heating blocks, glassware and reflux heads are interchangeable.
- The Omni Reaction Station footprint is compact and can be placed into any fume hood, or within a small bench space.
- You have a choice of either 10 or 6 positions within your Omni Reaction Station. 10 position units allow up to 10 reactions with working volumes of:
- Working volume Omni Model: 2 - 25ml OS1025.
- With the exception of different working volumes, all of the models within the Omni 1000 and 6000 series STEM Omni Reaction Stations offer the same outstanding performance features:
- Interchangeable, modular design.
- Stirring stability and speeds of 100 - 2000 rpm.
- Simple menus and touch pad interface to control the system performance.
- All heater cartridges are equipped with “in block heaters” that allow temperatures up to 220ºC.
- High level of stability (± 1.5ºC) across the heater cartridge itself.
- An external temperature probe to increase temperature accuracy to ±0.5ºC.
- A “cool to touch” outer casing.
- Selected cartridges can also be used in conjunction with a cooling plug to extend the operating temperature range from - 30ºC to 220ºC.
Technical Specification OS1025.
- Model Series 1025.
- Voltage 230 & 115 V.
- Number of positions 10.
- Well diameter, mm 24.5/ 25.5mm.
- Working volume, ml 2- 25 ml.
- Temperature range Ambient to 220ºC.
- Temperature range using cooling plug and chiller -30°C to 220ºC.
- Stir speed range rpm 100 - 2000 rpm.
- Electrical requirements All 230V models: 50/60Hz, 500W All 115V models: 50/60Hz, 500W.
- Dimensions (w x d x h), mm 235 x 330 x 300.
- Shipping Weight (kit), kg 10kg for all models, (with glassware).
- Shipping Weight (unit), kg 4.1kg for all models, (without glassware).
Omni Temperature Sensor.
- For fast and more precise temperature control, the temperature probe can be inserted either into a machined pocket in the reaction block or via a thermocouple pocket directly in one of the reaction vessels.
- The temperature sensor attaches directly into the Omni Controller.
Omni Gas-tight PTFE caps.
- By using a simple bi-directional open/close lever, each reaction vessel can be controlled separately.
- Each vessel cap has a septum to allow sampling at each vessel position.
Omni Reflux Head.
- Efficient condensing and refluxing, for samples up to 25ml, is provided through the use of a liquid-cooled aluminium reflux head. Cooing is introduced through the inlet/outlet ports.
- Individual reaction positions are numbered (1-10) for simplified tube and sample identification.
- A central gas inlet/outlet port, combined with the gas-tight PTFE caps allows for a vacuum to be pulled and/or inert gas (nitrogen) to be ported into each individual tube.
Omni Reaction Vessels.
- 24mm and 25mm x 150mm threaded glass reaction vessels which can handle volumes from 2 - 250ml.
- Solutions can be added and removed through the top of the reaction vessel.
Omni Cooling Plug.
- Allows the reaction unit to cool down to -30ºC, greatly expanding the types of chemistry you can perform with this equipment.
- The cooling plug is simple to use:
- Insert the cooling plug into the reaction unit and attach cooling lines to the inlet/outlet via quick disconnects.
- Melting ice is no longer a problem with the cooling plug.
Omni Heater Cartridge.
- Encased reaction unit ensures accurate temperature uniformity across the unit.
- Unique patented air flow through ventilation slots beneath and around the rim of the case ensures a cool case temperature, allowing it to be safe to touch.
- Used to control both temperature and stirring speed, the Omni Controller is easy to operate.
- Temperature and speed can be separately enabled to provide complete control of reactions.
- Both temperature and speed are individually adjustable by depressing the up/down keys on the interface.
- The control panel (on the controller) has 3 indicator lights: “Power On”, “Heater On” and “Stirrer On”, so that you can closely view the performance of your system.
- A 2 x 16 digit display indicates the actual temperature from -30C to 220ºC.
- Stirring speed is reflected by simply touching the stirrer speed knob.