BRAND Ultra Low Retention Pipette Tips
from BrandTech Scientific, Inc.
BRAND Ultra Low Retention tips feature a patented surface treatment to make the polypropylene of the pipette tips extremely liquid repellent thus reducing costly sample loss during pipetting.
- Ultra-hydrophobic tips are ideal for biological samples that contain detergents such as Triton X-100, SDS, Tween etc.
- Special patented process does not use coatings that might lead to sample contamination.
- Highly homogeneous surface is free of defect sites, preventing non-specific binding.
- High chemical resistance is ideal for working with solvents.
A Persistent Problem.
- Limited volume samples, costly enzymes and reagents, and foaming liquids all need to be pipetted with high precision.
- However, close inspection of conventional pipette tips reveal that fluid droplets or a thin film of liquid remains in the pipette tip after dispensing.
- Significant factors leading to these residues are the different surface energy components and molecular composition of the pipette tips and the sample being pipetted.
A Slick Solution.
- The new, ultra-hydrophobic BRAND pipette tips and filtered pipette tips solve the problem.
- The surfaces of the Ultra Low Retention tips are produced through a special, patented physiochemical process.
- The homogeneous, defect-free surface produced has extremely low surface tension.
- This significantly reduces sample loss and provides substantially higher reproducibility when working with critical media.
The Dirty Secret of Detergents.
- In biological applications, such as PCR, PAGE or many other areas of protein chemistry, the samplemust often be treated with detergent.
- An exact appraisal of the behavior of polypropylene surfacesin these applications is complicated.
- Detergents significantly decrease the surface tension ofliquids, which hinders the optimal dispensing of the liquid from the pipette tip and diminishes pipetteperformance.
Hydrophobicity of various materials: Surface (Surface Tension).
- BRAND PP Ultra Low Retention (9mN/m).
- PTFE (19mN/m).
- Silicone (21.5mN/m).
- Untreated PP ( 30mN/m).
- Water (72mN/m).
- BRAND pipette tips are packaged in environmentally friendly packaging.