Heraeus Megafuge 16 / 16R Centrifuges
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
The new one-liter Thermo Scientific Heraeus Megafuge 16 Centrifuge Series delivers outstanding value for everyday sample processing and separations, featuring:
- Exceptional Capacity and Productivity: Process from 32 to 76 blood tubes or from 4 to 16 x 50 ml conical tubes with certified biocontainment sealing in minimum bench space.
- Advanced Ergonomic Design: Patented innovations for safe, simple and comfortable daily operation.
- The Heraeus Megafuge 16 Centrifuge Series features a convenient 4 x 400 ml capacity and is available in both ventilated and refrigerated versions for a range of temperature-sensitive sample processing between -10 °C and +40 °C.
Experience breakthrough Thermo Scientific technologies, including:
Auto-Lock III Rotor System
- This tool-free system facilitates 3-second rotor exchange for quick switch between applications and time savings. Also, easy access to the chamber enables quick cleaning, a healthier working environment and longer unit life.
ClickSeal Bucket Sealing System
- Eliminate screw caps and complicated clips with our certified biocontainment solution, supporting glove-friendly, one-handed open/close capability.
Motorized Lid Latch
- Simple closing and locking of centrifuge lid with one finger downward motion - even on tall benches - with optional automatic lid opening at the end of the run.
- The advanced rotor management system ensures smooth runs and reproducible separations.
Simple, Intuitive Controls
- Easy-to-use controls provide detailed information on a wide range of operating parameters and processing status.
- Compact dimensions optimize work area and ergonomic height and curved design ensure easy sample loading and unloading and cleaning.
Market-Leading Capacity and Productivity
- A wide range of rotors are available for your daily routine processing requirements, including:
TX-200 and TX-400 Rotors
- With a capacity range of 4 x 200 ml or 4 x 400 ml (up to 76 blood tubes or 16 conical tubes in a single run), achieve the highest configuration flexibility on the market.
M-20 Microplate Rotor
- Specifically designed for spinning standard and deep-well microplates and available with optional transportable vessels for certified biocontainment.
8x50 Sealed Rotor
- Ideal for TB sputum applications, centrifuge 8 conical tubes in individually sealed vessels with rapid acceleration and processing times.
- Spin 30 x 15 ml round or conical tubes and ensure acceleration and throughput for cell culture and blood separation applications.
- Maximize centrifuge performance with versatility, speed and robust, corrosion-free carbon fiber rotor design.