Heraeus Stratos Biofuge / Sorvall High-Speed Benchtop Centrifuges
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Thermo Scientific Heraeus Contifuge Stratos enables rapid, reliable separations of large volumes of suspension with a low solid matter content.
- Ideal for harvesting bio-products and the examination of water samples, this practical tabletop system is a convenient alternative to conventional batch processing.
Product Descrition for Biofuge Stratos
- Designed for processing very large sample volumes -- typically, from bioreactors and fermentors -- in just a single run, the Contifuge Stratos delivers time savings of up to 80% compared to batch processing.
- With its high speed, autoclavable titanium continuous flow rotor, the Contifuge Stratos is ideal for harvesting bacterial cultures, yeast, algae, human and animal cells. With a sediment capacity of up to 400 ml and a flow rate of 36L per hour, the Contifuge Stratos can easily accommodate up to 50L bioreactors or fermentors.
High performance insert
- A specially designed polypropylene insert optimizes sedimentation capability, particularly for small or low density particles. The insert -- developed for the separation of suspensions with a low solids content -- reduces sediment capacity from 300 ml to 50 ml and results in a small, tightly packed pellet.
- The Contifuge Stratos provides dependable and routine operation for complex samples. Introduction of air and/or lather do not affect system operation.
Large variety of rotors
- A simple switch of door plates, both included with the unit, allows the Contifuge Stratos to be used as a conventional superspeed tabletop centrifuge as well as accommodating the unit’s entire fixed-angle and swinging bucket rotor inventory.
Fits any lab environment
- Easily transport the Contifuge Stratos from one location to another with the mobile centrifuge stand.
Our Thermo Scientific Sorvall Stratos High-Speed Benchtop Centrifuge Series delivers speed and flexibility to allow reliable separations - all in a compact footprint.
- The centrifuge is available in refrigerated and continuous flow models, featuring intelligent technologies that eliminate imbalances and simplify operation - maximizing your productivity and results.
Product Description for Sorval Stratos
- The compact Sorvall Stratos refrigerated high speed tabletop centrifuge features a whisper-quiet spindle drive -- unique for a tabletop centrifuge -- that allows 9 different fixed-angle, microliter, swinging bucket and microplate rotor types to be spun at speeds to 23,300 rpm (50,377 x g).
- Spindle drive technology enables very short acceleration and braking times for faster sample throughput, and significantly extends instrument life.
- Imbalance sensitivity is reduced to the point where tubes can be balanced by eye alone, and sample disturbance under breaking is kept to a minimum.
- Sample capacity ranges from 4 x 180 ml (or four microplates) in the instrument’s swinging bucket rotors to a maximum of 24 x 1.5 or 2 ml tubes in microliter rotors.
- The rotor inventory of the Stratos also spans four different biocontained fixed-angle varieties.
- A wide range of adapters is available for popular tube sizes down to 0.2 ml.
- For processing large sample volumes - typically from bioreactors and fermentors - rapidly and reliably in a single run, our Sorvall Stratos centrifuge is available with continuous flow operation.
- The Sorvall Contifuge Stratos centrifuge is a more convenient and faster solution over conventional batch separations, quickly separating large volumes of suspension with a low solid mater content, resulting in high yields.
- A moveable centrifuge cart makes the entire system portable.
- Speeds to 23,300 rpm (50,377 x g); 17,000 with Sorvall Contifuge Stratos.
- Max. capacity of 4 x 180 ml; 300 sediment with Sorvall Contifuge Stratos.
- Unique spindle drive technology for short acceleration/deceleration times and faster sample throughput.
- Electronic imbalance detection for reduced sample breakage.
- Automatic rotor recognition.
- EASYcontrol II user programmability for easy process control.
- RCF selection and quick run function.
- Dual lid-locking mechanism provides increased safety.
- Whisper-quiet operation won’t distract you at your work.