STEM RS10 / RS2 / RS1 Reacto Station Heating Blocks
from Barnstead International
RS10, RS2, RS1
- Choose the RS10 if you need a reaction block that has ten individually controlled cells.
- Choose the RS2 if you need a reaction block that has two individually controlled zones (five cells per zone).
- Choose the RS1 if you need a reaction block that has one controlled zone (ten cells per zone).
- Each of the blocks can be controlled over the complete temperature range from -30° to 150°C.
- The maximum temperature difference between any two cells or zones is 180°C with zero cross talk between each cell or zone.
- Control heating and cooling ramp rates from 0.1 to 5°C/minute.
- Specially designed stir magnets ensure maximum coupling between the stir bar in the sample and the powerful motor.
- A range of magnetic stir bars are available, each for different applications.
- Ramped motor speed control to avoid fragmentation of the sample or losing the stir bar.
- Motor-fault error message is relayed back to the controlling system if the motor stalls or becomes jammed.
- Then an attempt is made every minute to restart the motor and if successful the “motor-fault” status is cleared.
- All the attempts are reported back to the controlling system.
- Relative viscosity value is reported by the firmware back to the software, this feature is used to detect any changes in the viscosity of a solution.
- This value is created by noting the workload on the motor.
- Other system status messaging include: cooling function; stirrer flea capture; heating function; block thermometer status; comms status; and heat exchanger status.
- The well-insulated heat block keeps the casework cool-to-the-touch while a thermal cutout eliminates runaway conditions.
- This combination of precise electronic control and rugged design ensures the safety to the end-user.