Lindberg / Blue M 1700°C Independent Control Box Furnaces
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Research and Pilot Plant Production
- The General Purpose 1700°C Box Furnace with independent control are designed for applications which require extremely rapid heat-up rates, with 3500 watt models reaching 1700°C in as little as 15 minutes.
- Choose from two popular chamber sizes, each with a fully programmable independent controller.
- Available in two popular chamber sizes.
- Double shell design for lower external cabinet temperature with energy savings.
- Moldatherm high temperature ceramic fiber insulation with advanced graded design for fast heat-up and resistance to thermal shock.
- Vertically hinged door lifts up and out of the way to save space and minimize exposure to the operator.
- Removable panels for easy access to replaceable heating elements and thermocouples.
- Moldatherm hearthplate supports load and protects chamber from spills or mishandling.
- High volume cooling fans move air between inner and outer chamber to reduce exterior shell temperatures and improve energy efficiency and operator safety.
- Long-life type “B” thermocouples with 10' compensated lead wire and polarized plug for accurate high temperature measurement.
- Metals and ceramic composites.
Smart Heating Elements
- Molybdenum disilicide elements with unique right angle bend and sidewall mounting reduce maintenance usually associated with element termination and mounting.
- Designed for easy replacement without matching resistance values.
- Fast heat-up and recovery with excellent uniformity and energy efficiency.
- Increased resistance to thermal shock, ideal for rapid cycling over extended periods.
1700°C Controller, Programmable, With Communications
- Lindberg/Blue M 1700°C Programmable Controllers provide multiple programs and multiple segments for ramp (up and down) and dwell (timed hold) temperature control.
- The controller visually displays ramp rate, dwell time, program segment and percent power output.
- A holdback feature allows the operator to set a “process vs setpoint” temperature value which, when exceeded, holds the program to allow the process to catch up.
- The controller includes a selectable self-tuning feature which sets the best PID settings for the thermal process.
- LED display indicates actual temperature.
- High limit overtemperature protection is standard.
- The control console includes a circuit breaker, power module, transformer and cooling fans.
- Controllers include RS485 data port (communications card and port) for connection to remote computer, allowing modification, interrogation and data transfer of all instrument control and configuration parameter.
- Up to 30 units can be connected to one PC.
- Software is not included, but is available as an option.
Option B Overtemperature Control (OTC)
- Adjustable digital overtemperature control, factory installed on selected control consoles with “B” suffix designation.
- Protects furnace and load in the event of primary control circuit failure.
- Overrides main controller and shuts off power to furnace if high limit is reached.
- Manual re-set required for safety.
- Operates via signal from independent thermocouple.