Electrothermal OMCA Digi-Mantles
from Bibby Scientific
Digital heating and stirring mantle.
- Digi-Mantles enable a flask of 250ml, 500ml or 1000ml capacity to be stirred and heated up to an element temperature of 450°C through precise electronic control, giving an accurate measure of temperature and stirring.
- The modular design allows heating cartridges of different sizes to be interchanged using the same OMCA digital controller as a base, which makes the Digi-Mantles a very cost-effective option.
Digi-Mantles Digital heating and stirring.
- Digi-Mantles enable a flask of 250ml, 500ml or 1000ml capacity to be heated and stirred through precise electronic control.
- They have a modular design which allows heating cartridges of different sizes to be interchanged using the same OMCA digital controller as a base, which makes the Digi-Mantles a very cost-effective and space-saving option.
- The heater cartridge ensures that the temperature is uniformly distributed across the flask.
- Even with the element temperature at 450°C, the outside of the heater cartridge remains “cool-to-the-touch” due to a continuous air flow through ventilation slots beneath and around the rim of the case.
- The heating cartridge comes in 3 sizes for heating flasks of 250ml (OMCA0250), 500ml (OMCA0500) and 1000ml (OMCA1000) capacity.
- Used to control both temperature and stirring speed independently, the OMCA digital controller has a revolutionary CTC (Capacitance Touch Control) panel, which is both easy to read and use, and you can quickly set the required temperature and stir speed using the up/down arrows.
- The control panel has separate indicator lights for the power, heater and stirrer functions, along with a 2 x 16 digit display indicating the actual temperature from ambient to 450ºC (max element temperature).
- Stirring speeds from 100 to 2000rpm are obtained by lightly touching the stirrer speed keys.
- Heating is controlled by a modern state of the art microprocessor, which displays the heat setting as a percentage of the total power.
- An optional PT100 temperature probe may be used to gauge the temperature of the flask contents more accurately; the temperature probe’s heating is controlled via the temperature feedback circuit and the actual temperature is displayed.
- The temperature probe operates up to 250ºC.
- Same OMCA controller accommodates different capacity heating cartridges, ie.interchangeable design.
- Round bottom flask capacity of between 250ml - 1000ml.
- “Cool-to-the-touch” design.
- Greater stirring stability and speeds from 100 to 2000rpm.
- Controller with display menus and touch pad interface.
- Indicator lights for power, stirrer and heater operation.
- Support rod clamps.
- The OMCA digital controller and motor arrangement has recently been upgraded to allow for accurate low speed stirring control and higher stirring speeds.
- Uniform stirring is provided via a motorised rotating magnet assembly positioned to provide maximum flux linkage to rotate the stirrer bars in each reaction vessel.