Thermolyne Vortex Maxi Mix II Mixers
from Barnstead International
- Recommended Substitute: Thermo Scientific* LP Vortex Mixers.
Variable Speed Vortex Mixer!
- 100 to 3000 rpm for gentle to vigorous mixing.
- Continuous operation or touch-on mode.
- Interchangeable single tube cup or foam pad.
- Soft foam rubber pad permits vortex mixing of 1-4 test tubes simultaneously.
- Excellent for mixing contents of small flasks with closed tops.
- Heavy duty cast metal base and suction cup feet provide greater stability to assure no movement or “walking” during mixing.
- Maxi Mix II comes complete with two mixing surfaces: a single-cup tube holder for mixing single tubes, and 3.5" (8.9 cm) diameter foam pad for mixing flasks or multiple tubes simultaneously.
- Variable speed control allows adjustment of mixing action from 100 to 3000 rpm.
- Can be operated in continuous mode when mixing a quantity of tubes or flasks in sequence; intermittent mode is activated by touching the foam rubber pad or cup attachment with test tube.
- Mixing media in test tubes.
- Mixing cytogenetic suspensions in centrifuge tubes.
- Enzymatic and RIA assays.
- Vortexing cell suspensions.
- Vortexing drug extractions.
- Atomic absorption sample preparation.
- Nelson’s assay for reducing sugars.