Thermolyne Explosion Proof SAFE-T SHP9 Aluminum Top Stirring Hot Plates
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
- ULlisted explosion proof; meets IEC1010 laboratory standard.
- Thermostatic control.
- Over-temperature safety control.
- UL Listed for Class I, Group C and D hazardous atmospheres.
- Safe in hazardous situations where Class I, Group C and D flammable gases or solvent vapors can produce explosive or ignitable mixtures.
- Stir solutions with a viscosity of 1200 centipoise at 400 rpm (@ 21.5°C).
- Large, aluminum top plate surface 9.1" x 9.1" (23.2 cm x 23.2 cm) provides efficient heat transfer and excellent temperature uniformity.
- Uniformity of top plate at 70°C (158°F) is ± 2°C (± 4°F).
- Electronic temperature control: temperature range from 38°C to 220°C; 100°F to 428°F.
- Precise electronic heat control maintains temperature stability within ±2°C (±4°F).
- Automatic over temperature safety switch cuts power to unit if top plate temperature exceeds 280°C.
- Sturdy construction allows maximum load capacity, 25 lb. (11.3 kg) on top plate.
- Stainless steel case is easily cleaned and maintained.
- Designed for sparkless, hardwired connection. Unit has 45.7 cm lead wire and conduit attachment.
- Optional dial thermometer, with 0°C to 300°C range, fits directly into top plate and measures surface temperature.
- Accommodates a metal vessel.
- Heat and stir flammable chemicals or solvents (Class I, Group C & D).
- Heat-treat and uniformly mix coatings.
- Silicon wafer etching.
- Quality control - test viscosities of oils (petroleum-base) and water/organic content analysis.