Lab-Line MaxQ 2000 / 3000 Open-Air Platform Shakers
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Choose from several platform sizes!
- Choose between analog and digital operating systems.
- Choice of three platform sizes-increases capacity by simply changing the platform.
- Protective treatment allows digital MaxQ 2000 shaker to be placed in a CO2 incubator.
- Five year warranty on parts, one year labor and lifetime on drive mechanism.
- Triple eccentric drive enables continuous 24-hour operation, handles heavier loads and provides smooth uniform agitation of full or unbalanced loads even at high speeds.
- Units operate in temperature ranges of 0°C to 40°C and humidity conditions from 20 to 80% noncondensing enabling them to be used in incubators, warm rooms, environmental chambers and refrigerators.
- Specially treated CO2 resistant shaker withstands up to 10% CO2, enabling them to be used in CO2 cell culture incubators.
- Leveling feet on MaxQ 3000 provide more stability at high load speed combinations.
Analog Operating System
- DC motor and variable speed control from 40 to 400 rpm, controlled by a rotary dial.
- Integrated tachometer monitors and displays speed in rpm to guarantee accurate setting.
- Operate shaker in continuous mode or set timer from 1 to 60 minutes for time studies.
- Metal locking tab on the speed control knob prevents speed from increasing or decreasing if control knob is mistakenly bumped.
Digital Operating System
- Solid state DC brushless motor, variable speed control from 15 to 500 rpm, and continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hour up to 999 hours or 0.1 minute to 999 minutes.
- Displayed time counts up during continuous operation and down during timed runs.
- View speed and operating time simultaneously on 2 individual LED displays which helps minimize errors in establishing running conditions.
- Shaker shut down and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed preventing shaker from walking.
- User - adjustable speed calibration can be performed using a digital hand held tachometer where verification is required and protocols can be standardized.
- Unbalanced load sensor stops platform motion when excess vibration is detected due to unbalanced load.
- Visual/audible alarm signal until condition is corrected.
- Soft start feature eliminates splashing of vessel contents, wetting of flask closure, and helps prevent sudden starts and stops.
- Set point retention retains parameters during power failure and restarts unit automatically after power is restored.
- RS232 interface allows remote monitoring of speed and time.
CO2 Resistant Digital Operating System
- Contains all of the features and benefits of the digital operating system plus:
- Electrical and mechanical components have been treated to protect them from up to 10% CO2 and humidity.
- This treatment prevents humidity and CO2 from reacting with electrical components and forming carbolic acid.
- The shakers will not malfunction and can be used continuously in a CO2 incubator.
- Cell cultures.
- Bacterial suspensions. Solubility studies.
- Extraction procedures. Destaining.
- Diagnostic tests.
- Washing procedures.
- General mixing.