Lab-Line MaxQ 4450 Compact Benchtop Incubated Shakers
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Combines Incubated/Refrigerated Temperatures with Orbital Shaker in a Small Footprint
- Ideal for incubating a small number of vessels.
- 11” x 13” platform holds up to four one liter flasks.
- Small footprint requires minimal benchspace.
- Affordably priced.
- Five year warranty on parts, one year labor and LIFETIME on drive mechanism.
- Choose from two temperature ranges, 5°C above ambient to 80°C or 5°C below ambient to 80°C to fulfill a variety of molecular biology, cell culture, and dissolution studies.
- Clear lid allows you to view samples without disturbing internal temperature.
New Operating Chiller for Plasmid Purification and Protein Expression in Bacteria
- A refrigerated chiller is required to achieve temperature ranges from 20°C to 30°C in the shaker chamber.
- The chiller pumps a mixture of ethylene glycol and water through a cooling coil in the shaker. A fan blows air over the cooling coil to obtain a refrigerated atmosphere.
- Shakers feature a triple eccentric drive that handles heavy workloads, provides uniform agitation and enables continuous 24-hour operation even at high speeds.
- Precisely monitor and control chamber temperature over complete range with ±0.1°C accuracy, and ±0.5°C uniformity at 37°C with PID temperature controller.
Analog Operating System
- DC motor and variable speed control from 40 to 400 rpm, controlled by a rotary dial.
- Integrated tachometer monitors and displays speed in rpm to guarantee an accurate setting.
- Easy-to-read LED digital display shows temperature.
- Operate shaker in continuous mode or set timer from 1 to 60 minutes for time studies.
Digital Operating System
- Solid state DC brushless motor, variable speed control from 15 to 500 rpm, and continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hour up to 999 hours or 0.1 minute to 999 minutes.
- Displayed time counts up during continuous operation and down during timed runs.
- View speed, operating time and temperature simultaneously on three individual LED displays which helps minimize errors in establishing running conditions.
- Visual/audible signals alert you to temperature deviations. Heat turns off if temperature deviates ±1°C of set point.
- Shaker shut down and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed preventing shaker from walking.
- Soft start feature eliminates splashing of vessel contents, wetting of flask closure, and helps prevent sudden starts and stops.
- Set point retention retains parameters during power failure and restarts unit automatically after power is restored.
- RS232 interface allows remote monitoring of speed, time and temperature.
- Monitor temperature with built-in recorder jack for output to chart recorders for a permanent record.
- Optional gassing manifold enables direct gassing into flasks for anaerobic cultures.
- Contact customer service for more information.
- Over temperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails.
- Safety interlock stops platform motion when the lid is open.
- Cell cultures.
- Solubility studies.
- Extraction procedures.
- Plasmid purification.
- General mixing.
- Bacterial suspensions.
- Staining & de-staining.
- Washing procedures.
- Protein expression in bacteria.