BRAND BRANDplates Insert Systems
from BrandTech Scientific, Inc.
Insert strips and plates are available individually or packed as a system.
- The BRAND Insert System, co-developed with the Fraunhofer Society, includes choice of two specialized cell culture plates and two types of cell culture inserts for applications such as co-culture, migration studies, chemotaxis assays and 3D tissue culture preparation.
- Key features to consider when selecting which components to utilize are plate selection and well size, insert type, and membrane pore size and material.
BRANDplates Insert System Plate Selection.
- 24-well Standard Plate.
- Plate includes 24 individually fillable wells that can be fitted with strips of 4 inserts and/or individual inserts.
- Used for basic applications such as co-culture, secretion studies, migration studies.
- 6-well Specialized Plate.
- Plate has 4 wells connected as one large, elongated well.
- This well is fitted with a strip of 4 inserts so that all 4 of the inserts in the strip can be supplied with medium at the same time.
- Used for in vitro preparation of tissue (3D tissue culture).
- cellGrade plus (sterile, hydrophilic with different chemical groups, such as carboxyl and hydroxyl groups, that are feely accessible) and pureGrade S surface (untreated, sterile).
- Manufactured according to the requirements in ANSI/SLAS Standards 1 and 4.
- All plates have guide ridges for perfect insert fit and specially designed feeding ports for easy media changes, suitable for robotics/automation.
BRANDplates Insert System Insert Selection.
- Smooth-walled Inserts or Inserts with Inlet Opening System (patent pending).
- Smooth-walled for standard applications such as secretion studies, co-culture, migration studies, chemotaxis assays, etc.
- Inlet Opening System with special inlet channels, for automated in vitro preparation of human tissues.
- The Inlet Opening System enables rapid, consistent changing of media, from submersion culture to air-lift culture.
- The special inlet channels enable adjustment of the medium level without damage to the tissue model.
- Membrane material of PC or PET material for different optical requirements and cell visibility.
- cellGrade plus surface.
- Multiple membrane pore sizes available for different applications: 0.4µm, 1.0µm, 3.0µm, 8.0µm.