Thermo Scientific Dual-Safe -80ºC Ultra-Low Temperature Chest Freezers
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Rapidly freeze samples in a secure environment with Thermo Scientific Dual-Safe -80°C Chest Freezers, which feature a redundant cascade refrigeration systems.
- Large capacity of over 32 cu. ft., a high cooling capacity and two independent refrigeration systems for critical samples.
- Four 1.5hp air-cooled (water-cooled optional) compressors for high capacity and maximum reliability.
- Three modes of operation, including normal and accelerated pulldown, plus long-term storage.
- Redundant controls in case of controller failure.
- Keyed master power switch for operating security.
- Independent refrigeration controls selectable for systems “A” and “B”.
- Adjustable, integrated temperature control.
- Toggle between display setpoint, actual operating temperature and alarm limits.
- Independent adjustable cold and warm alarm setpoints with key-activated switch, audible warning and alarm silence button.
- Power failure alarm with 24-hour battery back-up.
- Indicator lights for all control and operational functions.
- Standard 6" (15.2cm) circular chart recorder for permanent record of cabinet performance.
- Battery meter for easy check of backup charge.
- Two cascade systems operate separately or together depending on system loading.
- Thermal expansion valve increases refrigeration BTU removal capacity, increases temperature pulldown rate, improves temperature recovery following lid openings and warm product insertion, and automatically reacts to changing ambient temperatures.
- Gravity feed evaporator design assures temperature uniformity within chamber interior, enhances refrigerant flow and oil return, and increases overall efficiency.
- System includes CFC-free refrigerants.
- Freezers uses standard ultra-low temperature inventory racks with boxes.
- Coved-corner interior design improves refrigeration efficiency and accelerates heat removal from stored product.
- Laboratory-grade construction includes minimum 5" (12.7cm) CFC-free foamed-in-place urethane insulation surrounding interior chamber, plus 3" (8.9cm) insulation in lid.
- Fully insulated lid has two cam-action latches which compress against multiseal gasket to protect against frost build-up.
- High-density sublids provide additional protection to stored product during lid openings.
- Heavy-gauge, reinforced, cold-rolled steel interior chamber has 50% greater thermal efficiency than stainless steel.
- Exterior and interior surfaces are finished with high-impact powder coat paint.
- Design includes 1" diameter thru-wall access port with plug.
- Long-term storage of biological and chemical samples.