Thermo Scientific XBF -40°C Blast Freezers
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Fast and adaptable cold storage sample preparation.
- Rapidly freeze non-medical samples with the new Thermo Scientific -40°C Blast Freezer-a breakthrough sample preparation device for use prior to cold storage.
- Your freezer is not a sample preparation device.
- Ultra-low and laboratory-grade freezers are designed to maintain samples at cold temperatures for long-term storage; they are not designed for and do not have the speed or refrigeration capacity to rapidly freeze plasma and other critical storage.
- Using the new XBF40 for rapid cooling reduces the stress on your sample storage freezer, and freezes your samples quickly and efficiently.
- Flexible Design: The XBF40D accommodates staggered loads and a variety of vessels such as carboys, bottles, racks with vials and more.
- Accelerated air flow: A large, forced-air circulation freezes the product-fast!
- Self-contained refrigeration system: Unlike previous generation blast freezers, the XBF is a plug and play requiring no customized installation and no remote compressors.
- Trusted: All XBF40D freezers are manufactured with pride with high-quality materials and high-performance technology.
- Durable, cold-rolled steel exterior.
- Outer door, multi-point gaskets, maximizing temperature and security.
- Polystyrene insulated inner doors featuring rare-earth magnets.
- High-performance, forced-air circulation.
- Versatile cabinet interior with adjustable stainless steel shelves.
- Standard access port.
- Easy to use digital controller.
- Easy to remove, washable filter.
- Single Stage R404A air-cooled 2.5HP compressor.
- Vacuum insulation panels and high density water-blown polyurethane foam.
- Available in 60Hz regions only.
- The XBF40 is for general, non-plasma freezing.
- The XBF40-MD is listed as a Class II medical device (product code KSE) with the US FDA, which is required for this application.