Thermo Scientific MaxQ 8000 Incubated / Refrigerated Stackable Shakers
from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Save valuable lab space with Thermo Scientific MaxQ 8000 Incubated Stackable Shakers, designed to be stacked two to three high on the floor without sacrificing performance.
- These stackable shakers have the durability to run at top speed stacked three-high, contain a HEPA filter that ensures the air inside the chamber remains clean and reduces cross contamination, feature a slide out platform that provides convenient 100% sample access.
- The stacking kits are included with each unit at no additional cost.
- Three times the capacity of a floor shaker in virtually the same footprint.
- Built for both sensitive eukaryotic culture applications—with contamination-reducing HEPA filtration, coved corner design, single-piece chamber and tight temperature uniformity—and for demanding prokaryotic culture applications.
- Rugged construction, wide speed range and no limits on “hard shake” speed, even when stacked three-high.
Microprocessor Control/Monitoring System:
- Run and setpoints displayed simultaneously.
- Tracks total accumulated time on motor and drive systems.
- Audible/visual over- and undertemperature tracking alarms ensure product protection.
- Separate adjustable overtemperature safety alarm with independent probe provides additional backup on heated units.
- Audible/visual, high/low rpm tracking alarms alert to speed deviations.
- Alarms can be silenced temporarily and ring back as a reminder of unresolved alarm conditions.
- Remote alarm contacts for convenient monitoring from another location.
- Nonvolatile memory saves settings during a power outage and automatically restarts the unit after power is restored.
- RS-232 port is standard and permits computer interface and monitoring of time, temperature and speed.
- Controlled acceleration circuitry provides smooth start-up and stopping to eliminate splashing and wetting of flask closures.
- Functions can be calibrated easily through the keypad and sealed control panel.
- Backlit two-line, 40-character LCD alphanumeric display of actual (run) and setpoint parameters and alarm condition.
- Icons/buttons allow easy programming of set parameters.
- Time: Counts upward, showing total operating hours and minutes for the run.
- Speed: Displays the actual platform speed (rpm) and speed set points.
- Temp C: Displays the actual temperature inside the chamber and temperature set points.
- Electronic components and HEPA filter easily accessed from the front during regular maintenance or service.
- Flip-down handle/latch on quick-release base (included) prevents shaker from running if platform is not secured.
- Insulated, fold-down door with slide-out platform provides 100% sample access.
- Wide-view window and xenon light provide high visibility for harvesting.
- Top platform height is under 61" (154.9cm) when units are stacked three high.
- Heavy-gauge cold-rolled steel exterior.
- Type 304 stainless-steel chamber with coved corners and built-in drain; holds 2L Erlenmeyer flasks, has xenon light with switch.
- Magnetic door gasket for tight seal.
- Stacking kit is included with each shaker at no additional cost.
- Heavy-duty, eccentric drive mechanism allows extended speed ranges from 25 to 400rpm ±1rpm with minimal vibration, even when shakers are stacked three high.
- Durable, dynamically balanced orbital shaker mechanism ensures optimum oxygenation and nutrient mixing, reduced cell clumping, and prevention of splashing and flask wetting.
- Triple counterbalanced mechanism provides optimum handling of full or unbalanced loads, regardless of flask placement.
- Cool-running, brushless, 1/3hp DC motor ensures continuous maintenance-free operation.
- Forced laminar airflow through the HEPA filter provides excellent temperature uniformity, reduces risk of cross-contamination.
- Platform not included. Optional single and double shaker stands and freestanding chart recorder is available.
- Stacking kit with each shaker.
- Dedicated or universal slideout shaker platform 29.5 × 18" (74.9 × 45.7cm), available separately.
- Bacterial suspensions.
- Solubility studies.
- Diagnostic test.
- Extraction procedures.
- Washing procedures.
- General mixing.
- Protein expression.
- Staining and destaining.
- Plasmid purification.